Kit Advice

Critch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum and airsoft all together ive been interested in it for quite a while but have never gotten round to playing but have booked my first game for this coming Sunday.

But i dont know anyone who plays the sport or much about the gear. Hence the reason im here :)

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to what sort of kit i should start purchasing. For example.

Aeg - What type? Gas, Electric or Spring? Any things i need to know?

Side Arm - Same as above

Clothing - Where to buy from? Whats the best option to go for?

Also would like some information on sniping as it really appeals to . Also the questions above are to list a few :)

Cheers in advance

Most important and before any weapons, etc.

BOOTS! Get some decent boots with good grip and firm ankle support. Don't wear trainers! I found these are awesome >>> http://www.armysurplus365.co.uk/footwear/b...tain-boots.html

Some decent socks to go with them and your feet will love you for it.

Face protection. You have a few options:-

a) Glasses/Goggles and nothing else.

B) Glasses/Goggles + Half Face Mask

c) Full Face Mask

Most people I see will either have glasses and nothing else or mesh glasses with a half face mask.

If you like your teeth, go with a mask of some description lol.

Those, in my opinion are the most important pieces of kit you need before you even start to think about guns, etc.

go to your first game and just look around at others see what you like the look of.

whats your budget and are you 18+ (if your over 18 id wait and rent for 3 games and then buy a rifle in black as appose to two tone if your under then its two tone only unless you have a generous friend/family who play)

as someone said above some decent boots is a must, if you dont your feet will be uncomfortable and probably end up with blisters which could ruin the experience for you.

eye wear again it depends on what you want i use some small mesh goggles as they dont fog like glasses do. as for the comment on damaged teeth while this can happen it very rare when you consider how many bbs are shot each game! many people take the risk (just keep your mouth shut and youll be fine lol ) other wise there are other options like full face mask or a half face mesh mask to be used with some regular glasses/goggles or just use a shemag/snood/scarf etc pulled over will protect you fine

camo wise wear what you like if your on a budget dpm from a local surplus shop is the best bet as its cheap and easy to get hold of.

vests. now this depends on how many mags you want to carry if you just want to run a couple of high cap mags them you do not need anything as your pockets will be enough but if you prefere mid caps then idealy id go for a molle vest as you can add/remove pouchs as you need them however if cheap is what you want then a simple tactical vest will do the trick.

guns: electric is what you want and as for style that all depends on what you like (since they all do pretty much the same thing inside)g&g and src both have some good starter rifles for about £150

dont worry about a side arm for now unless you have alot of cash to spend since they arent really nessesary and often dont get used however if you do want one then gas blow back is the best option again plenty of choice.

check zero one or action hobbies they both stock guns that for the most part you cant go wrong with.

sniping wise thats best left for later down the line the guns require alot of money spent on them to get some good range/accuracy etc and then theres the different style of game play involved which inst really new player friendly

Archived