Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kingmistry

WE 1911 recoil + hammer spring

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if buying enhanced hammer + recoil springs (~150%) would increase the gas efficiency of my WE 1911 and if so, why? I understand that it causes a higher output of gas but I heard somewhere that it can increase gas efficiency, so I am looking for a confirmation and someone to explain. Also, are TM 1911 internal springs compatible with the We-tech 1911, because compatibility between the TM and WE 1911 isn't 100%. I am looking for a recoil and hammer spring set for We-tech but most of them I find just say that they are compatible with TM 1911, and I dont want to take the risk of buying it and wasting money if it doesn't fit.

So to summarise the questions (in case it isn't clear):

1) Does improving the recoil and hammer springs improve gas efficiency, and if so, how?

2) Are TM and WE 1911 internal parts compatible (specifically Recoil + Hammer Spring )

Thanks

P.S. On a side note, if someone does have any enhanced hammer + recoil springs that would work and they want to shift them, please contact me.

I'll simplify this since I can't get an answer: If I improve the hammer spring, will the gas efficiency improve?

Haven't read your post properly I'm afraid (in a rush), but if you're increasing the spring strength then you will be using more gas (requires more work/effort), so no it won't be more efficient.

Ok, thanks Devastator for that.