Systema

I started playing airsoft after systema was a big thing but I see a few coming up for sale now and again, I’m just wondering if I’m missing out on something? I generally only run gbbr these days. 

You'll only truly know if you own one. 

They were the formula 1 racing car of the Airsoft world.....when they worked they were amazing compared to everything else on the market at the time. They sounded amazing, could have great range, very fast trigger response, real steal sized receivers and pistol grip etc. true precision engineering.

However, they were susceptible to breaking (especially when they got wet), the techs did (and do) charge a fortune for their time, mags were finicky, parts were expensive and they needed regular servicing. They forged the way on a lot of things. 

The competition has improved massively, the range, rate of fire and trigger response (MOSFETs weren't common, now are) are all much improved on an off the shelf aeg than they were back then, the performance gap is a lot less, but the price difference and now rarity of parts mags etc is still big. That's without considering genuine upgrades. 

Gbbrs have also improved, so if those real steel, split receiver functions are important to you, they'll probably scratch that itch better and for at lot less cash. There is also now the gbls das, which looks to try to fill that "milsim" gap but with more functionality at a similar price. 

In the day, people who owned them swore by them.....but I've seen lots transfer over to upgraded tm recoils and gbbrs. There's still a few die hards out there, but my opinion is and has been that it's a dying platform 

Edited by Emergencychimps