VFC SR25 or M110k1

Hi all,

Long and short of this is. I'm considering selling my AKX to get a sr25 (more interested in the appearance)

Looking to understand if either the sr25 or the m110k1 is reliable. 

Won't be running as DMR. Will be running as if an ordinary AR with max engagement 40metres. 

But they seem to get a bad rep. Failing any answers that are positive. I will get a TM mws and just modify it to have the longer look.

Edited by davidf

The 7.62 VFC AR GBBRs are somewhat notorious for cracking the lower at the rear take down pin but I gather VFC have strengthened this area on the m110k1 so I'd go for that one.

Edited by hitmanNo2

2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The 7.62 VFC AR GBBRs are somewhat notorious for cracking the lower at the rear take down pin but I gather VFC have strengthened this area on the m110k1 so I'd go for that one.

Thanks for that mate! 

The 7.62 pmag AR variants is what I'm after. Only seems VFC have models like this. I mean if TM did one. I would be all over it.

I'll do some more research into the M110k1 then, and step away from the sr25 ecc.

As I mentioned, I won't be running this at long range. Would be a mid range weapon that I'm looking to consistently hit 30/40 metres running .32s on green

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2024 at 10:56, 1st commando said:

All the VFC SR25s received the updates as production continued . The only differences are stylistic . You will not find a older SR25 in stock at a shop brand new as its been years 

Thanks for that info! 

I know you're not wanting range but I find a sweet spot at 50-60m where the bb is lifting just onto the centre of my reticule (0.4)s.

I love my SR25 ECC that's more of a carbine but I use it in a DMR role. Rate of fire and consistency is amazing and the ring you get from the bolt slamming forward is epic. I've had mine for over a year now and I can comfortably say its the best RIF in my collection. Some parts of it are cheap, I've found the dust catch is prone to breaking but overall it doesn't affect the operation of the bolt or moving parts. The SR25 mags hold I think 20-25bbs whereas you can use the SCAR-H mags and they hold slightly more at 25-30. No idea why they are basically the same mag. Cool down really isn't an issue I've found ,however the quickest I fire shots off at is maybe 5 bbs in quick succession if I panic a little or someone isn't being too friendly.

If I was to suggest any one of the VFCs DMR family it would be the ECC, I've ran it like you're wanting to at close to mid range on .3s in the 350fps or below range and apart from the muscle ache in my arms from constantly having it in the ready it was epic. It made for some neat gameplay. I wouldn't suggest slapping a 6-24x scope on it like I did thinking it would be funny.

I never got a chance to use mine with the original inner barrel and hop unit as from me having it its always had an TNT APSX drop in unit in it. I also slapped a NPAS in for the ease of going to different sites where one site may allow for 450fps max and another 420fps max on 0.2s.

I believe the RIF has a strong finish from factory like a cerakote or anodized paint I'm not sure I just know mine has never has a bad scratch and the finish has never given up.

Image is for reference, I've since removed the sling and I have a suppressor to fit the front but it isn't pictured.

Hope this helps

IMG-20240630-WA0014[1].jpg