Flying out of country but worried about two tone issues

Rav

In 2 days I'm flying out to see family and my gear is taking the trip with me. I have all the paperwork and proof of defence (non-Ukara) however my MTR is getting old. I originally brought her in a nasty two toned green from patrol base and within the first week the paint started peeling from the Cerakoted handguard and a year later I cracked the butt stock and had to replace it . The issue is after 5 years or so of cleaning her every week the paint is pretty much gone except for the inside (enough to look dodgy to anyone with eyes) as she's now pretty much a RIF. I haven't got any paint but I do have a high intensity green tape, so would it be acceptable to wrap her up in the eye watering neon tape as I'm not trying to get arrested to show she is still an IF. Last thing I want is to be arrested at an airport ☹️

My advice is don't take it, more hassle than it's worth.

cheers bro, ill just take the msr, that was originally a RIF so 

Without a UKARA don't take anything that could get you stopped on the way out or on the way in.

Posted (edited)

I don't have ukara but I do have other valid defence, you think they'd only let me through with ukara tho? (sorry about the questions hate to be annoying)

Edited by Rav

I honestly don't know, I just don't think it's worth it personally.

Posted (edited)

You can import an RIF if you have UKARA.

But ring your airline if they allow such items.

You will probably need to put them into cargo as a checked luggage (not carry on). The size restrictions might say you need to pay a fee, depends on the size and shape of your box or bag.

If they get inspected you can give them your UKARA number as proof of defence.

Edited by Pseudotectonic