Maruyama (VFC) FMG/FPG-9

TheFull9

• Supporters

I don't know exactly what the deal is with/between VFC and the Maruyama name, given the way the airsoft business seems to work probably just coming out of the exact same factory at a guess; but that is just a guess.

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/mrym-my-smg-fmg9-bk

Personally I've always been far too in love with the ACR and FMG, they were the hottest tickets for a good couple of years bracketing the 2010 timeframe.  I had the original PTS FPG kit when that first released and put a KWA G18 inside it but that whole thing failed and broke in more ways than I care to write down here; right now it's totally in bits in a tub and I think I'll keep it since it was the OG and I think I can rebuild the externals but I'm sceptical I'll ever get it firing again.  When the Aegis kit released more recently I was honestly really surprised and snapped one up to house a TM G18.  I'm hopeful that, given the externals seems much higher quality than the PTS and the insides are TM compatible, it should be a good, usable skirmish gun.

Given that VFC GBBs have (according to all reviews) come on a long way, this release seems like a possibly strong option for folks who want an FMG but don't want to have to buy a Glock separately and assemble from a kit.

A 1-pt sling attachment is included at the pivot which is nice as you had to buy one of those separately on the PTS and Aegis, they both lacked any sort of conventional way to attach a sling in stock form.  If the overall quality is decent then this should be pretty good, given that all-in it should come in cheaper than buying the Aegis kit and a Glock.

On 23/06/2024 at 14:38, TheFull9 said:

I don't know exactly what the deal is with/between VFC and the Maruyama name, given the way the airsoft business seems to work probably just coming out of the exact same factory at a guess; but that is just a guess.

Probably the same deal as the AEG (WE) F17 - a way to make it without the main company getting sued for not buying a license.

12 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Probably the same deal as the AEG (WE) F17 - a way to make it without the main company getting sued for not buying a license.

I believe this is it - if anyone kicks up a stink, you fold the new made up company and your main business is in the clear (in theory).

However there only seems to be about 4 actual manufactures these days, with everything else is just a rebranding. Back in my day, we used to have to mine our airsoft out of the airsoft pits. And whats the deal with all these speedsofters....