What length of outer barrel to go for?

Caj109

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have an Specna Arms Edge SA-E03 that removed a the front sight, so have a lot of space at the front even with the triangle sight on it.

I'm possibly looking to put a longer free float m-lok outer barrel on but unsure if the ones I've found will work.

I understand mine has a delta ring I'll have to remove in order to install the new barrel.

Ones I'm looking at are the Nuprol BOCCA N-LOCK Handguard either 10inch or 12inch. Unsure which will suit it best. But these on some sites say may need modification for an AEG

Anyone used one of these rails?

https://jdairsoft.net/accessories/0/ris-ras/12/nuprol-bocca-n-lock-handguard-rail-10

https://a2supplies.co.uk/products/nuprol-bocca-n-lock-handguard-black-4-lengths?variant=45845098299625

Unless any other options of free float m-lok rails to look at?

Thanks

Picture of gun attached.20240430_134127.thumb.jpg.95c62bcdb19398211244bc05e1717ab0.jpg

The bocca's go straight on 99% of the time, the modification would be removing the delta ring and installing the new one. Ideally your outer barrel should work with the rail, so a 12" using a 12.5 etc, personally.

7 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

The bocca's go straight on 99% of the time, the modification would be removing the delta ring and installing the new one. Ideally your outer barrel should work with the rail, so a 12" using a 12.5 etc, personally.

3 hours ago, Pseudotectonic said:

I think the barrel is a 14.5" so if you have to choose between 12" or 10", I think a 12" would be more appropriate

For reference the URGI handguard is 13.5"

The DD RIS II is 12.25"

Thank lads! Good to know it should work, yeah hopefully easy to get the delta ring off when the time comes.

I'll go with the 12inch which should put it few inches from the flash hider.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.