Rail Barrel Combo

davidf

Looking to combine a 10" rail with a 10.3" outer barrel. 

Anyone know if this will allow me to still attach a QD KAC silencer on the end? 

- 5KU 10.3 inch aluminum outer barrel for M4 (even though it states the length of the barrel is 275mm - making it 10.8") 

- might they be measuring the entire barrel + the part that goes inside the receiver?

- Daniel Defense 10 Inch 7.62 Lite Rail

Or would a 9.5" DD rail be better for a 10.3" barrel? 

Edited by davidf

• Supporters

Are you trying to make a MK18 by any chance?

275mm is the total length of the product, 10.3" is the nominal length of the outer barrel part.

You don't want a 7.62 rail for an M4. Get the DD 9.5" (especially if you're going for the MK18 look).

As for the QD KAC silencer, you will need a bit of space between the end of the rail and the rear end of the flash hider as the suppressor fits over that.

13 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Are you trying to make a MK18 by any chance?

275mm is the total length of the product, 10.3" is the nominal length of the outer barrel part.

You don't want a 7.62 rail for an M4. Get the DD 9.5" (especially if you're going for the MK18 look).

As for the QD KAC silencer, you will need a bit of space between the end of the rail and the rear end of the flash hider as the suppressor fits over that.

Hi Lozart! Great to connect again. (need to meet at Camp Bravo one day)

Yes the Mk18 look is what I am after, more specifically with this silencer as I am currently running it; link 

Appreciate the insight. I will therefore assume that both of these will work nicely in unison

https://www.airsoftzone.com/en/p/daniel-defense-mk18-9.5-inch-10169306000/

https://www.powair6.com/en/aeg-outer-barrel/15423-5ku-103-inch-aluminum-outer-barrel-for-m4.html

Thanks again. 

Will run a 247mm inner barrel for this. 

• Supporters

As with all things airsoft they should work absolutely fine together. Get yourself some barrel shims while you're at it to make sure it all lines up OK.