Gbbr bucking instalation

LazzurusMan

Me again, with yet another stupid question for you gbbr veterans.

When putting a bucking on a gbbr barrel, do I need to use the little metal ring that came with the bucking? 

Put a maple leaf autobot 60, laylax hop arm and laylax barrel into a friend's tm mws and he's getting about 20 meters with full hop, and the bbs almost fall out of the barrel with no hop applied. That metal ring that comes with the bucking is the only thing I can think of that might be causing issues, and I don't have a long enough garden to change it and test it myself.

• Supporters

The metal ring on maple leaf buckings is supposed to help grip around the nozzle and improve sealing, means you can run a softer bucking with less risk of air leaks.

However in some cases it can be too tight, meaning the nozzle doesn't seat properly, you'll see it if there's a mm or so you can push the bolt closed beyond where it stops from normal cycling.

You can remove the ring, which will help the nozzle close properly but may then introduce leaking around the end of the nozzle as the bucking is soft enough and has the space (without the ring) to expand into to let gas loose.