CYMA MP5 cocking tube

Hi all,

Recently picked up a lovely CYMA CM041 w/ a torch handguard, but unfortunately due to roller delayed related mind control I ended up fucking the charging handle that's within the cocking tube, I know: no way - I was going to order a replacement but thought I'd have a look beforehand so I could see if the guarder steel replacement would fit but I can't even get the thing out - any pointers?

image.thumb.jpeg.4de8cf23d0a548b7bf0572e44e8efcb4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.18f46b5ebc19b84feb40eb0b022a678d.jpeg

The grub screw/allen screw that's inside just either free-spins or doesn't fit a single one of my allens, and I've tried several different sizes. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need a hyper-specific key to fit it?

Hard to say for sure, but it doesn't look like an allen key bolt, more like a roller pin. Probably needs a punch (or screwdriver) and a hammer to tap it out.

For future reference, you might be better putting this in Technical Advice > Electric Guns.

34 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Hard to say for sure, but it doesn't look like an allen key bolt, more like a roller pin. Probably needs a punch (or screwdriver) and a hammer to tap it out.

For future reference, you might be better putting this in Technical Advice > Electric Guns.

Gotcha, I mostly just lurk and post in other people's threads so I wasn't too sure where it should go. I'm pretty sure the mods have moved one of mine in the past though.

Also I'll give it a little go with a pin-punch tomorrow, I just threw the thing back together for now and I can't be fucked opening it up again (even though it's really not hard whatsover honestly)

Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

Took it apart again and drove the pin out using a punch, it looks like it'll accept the guarder/JG replacement as the only CYMA one available is that abhorrent modern MLOK looking one off the platinum - cheers for the help @Hatchet

image.thumb.jpeg.93d0eebbebbcd0a87cbed06856e9902c.jpeg

Will update this thread when the guarder part arrives for reference if it fits or not - just in case somebody ends up stumbling on this thread looking for guidance like I was (considering how often the MP5 charging handles get cockslapped off by HK enthusiasts, I was suprised to find very little regarding replacing it)

Edited by pyromancer6

28 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

Perhaps drill out a hole in the knob bit and put in a suitable length of dowel. All the stress is on that area.

I was considering drilling a thread for the existing part that broke alongside adding a threadlocked grub-screw to hold the two together with more strength, but I don't have the tools at the minute so I just decided on an off the shelf solution for now. Might experiment with that idea later though

Posted (edited)

On 24/03/2024 at 11:31, pyromancer6 said:

Will update this thread when the guarder part arrives for reference if it fits or not - just in case somebody ends up stumbling on this thread looking for guidance like I was (considering how often the MP5 charging handles get cockslapped off by HK enthusiasts, I was suprised to find very little regarding replacing it)

image.thumb.jpeg.108db68c61327ab50173402801a4fb3f.jpeg

Didn't fit.

Even if it did - the way the pin would have to go through as pictured would have the handle facing the wrong way regardless, so - we're back at square one. Joy

Edited by pyromancer6

Perhaps reprofile it to fit in the hole then explore options for securing it.

Drill a shallow depression in the part and grub screw it from both sides. I'd bond the part in too.

• 2 weeks later...

When my boy slapped his mp5 handle off, we looked at it for a while, then tapped the tube, drilled and tapped the "knob" then cut a bit of stud to the right length, thread locked it into position and job done. He can hk slap to his hearts content. 

Which he obviously doesn't do at all now. 😂😂

16 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

When my boy slapped his mp5 handle off, we looked at it for a while, then tapped the tube, drilled and tapped the "knob" then cut a bit of stud to the right length, thread locked it into position and job done. He can hk slap to his hearts content. 

Which he obviously doesn't do at all now. 😂😂

I think I'll get around to this eventually when I can borrow some tools from a friend but it might be above my paygrade consideirng I'm a complete ape with hand tools, let alone power 😅

Ordered a VFC AEG/GBB replacement off MLEMart to tide me over until then, as the CM041 is a copy of the VFC MP5 and the exploded diagrams seem to match up part wise. I'll be soft and delicate with the replacement until I get around to tapping the snapped one with a dowel pin so I can go back to roughhousing.

I was going to just give up and get the actually available CYMA replacement/'upgrade part', but.. look at the fucking thing 🤢

akcesoria-asg-rekojesci-przeladowania-przedluzona-raczka-przeladowania-do-mp5-mp5k-cyma-1020040(1-1).jpg