Theta 3-9x40 EG scope looking for user manual?

harry gee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have just received a secondhand Theta 3-9x40 EG scope ( illuminated reticle) and was not sent a user manual

I searched on Google but could not find one so is there someone who could direct me to a PDF of the manual?

many thanks

19 minutes ago, harry gee said:

Hi

I have just received a secondhand Theta 3-9x40 EG scope ( illuminated reticle) and was not sent a user manual

I searched on Google but could not find one so is there someone who could direct me to a PDF of the manual?

many thanks

There isn't much to know.

It likely uses a CR2032 battery under the illumination cap

You change the FOV by turning the adjustment ring in front of the eyepiece. (Power change ring)

image.thumb.png.797d96b1c28df57123d1d31d4e8d3f5b.png

Edited by EDcase

It's a generic rebranded cheap chinese scope, search '3-9x40 EG scope' on youtube and you'll find loads of hits of the same scope, but with different branding.

As @EDcase says, there really is nothing to them in terms of controls - you have adjustment turrets for windage and elevation (remove the caps, you will see the directions to turn on the dial underneath), a rotating ring to adjust the magnification, and a dial to switch on and adjust the power/colour of the illuminated reticle which has the battery underneath the cap.

image.png.4b8d793865c39c7ff81a813f8261c613.png

There are millions of these on Aliexpress (again search '3-9x40 EG scope') - you'll be able to work out the operation of the scope from the information pictures they post in the adverts as above.

Search youtube with "How to zero a scope"

There will be loads of explanations 👍

You'll need a steady shooting position and a target that you can see how far away from the centre the BBs hit.

Then just turn the adjustment screws a bit for correction of Windage (left-right) and Elevation (up-down)

Then shoot again and see if its closer to the centre of the target.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.