Making a G&P XM177E2 as best as it can be from the parts I have (E&C M16VN QR 1.0 EGV w/ Aster)

ARC Fives

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to make my G&P XM177E2 as best as it can be from parts I have.

The E&C gearbox has a gate Aster installed already, I've shimmed it myself and has incredible consistency on the airseal (so much so, the site chrono-er commented on it).

The G&P gearbox is untouched from whenever it was made years ago.

My questions are:

Can (or should) I just drop the E&C gearbox straight into my XM177E2 body?

If I should swap some parts around, what ones? I noticed the nozzle on the G&P is metal. I don't have calipers to measure unfortunately.

If everything is better on the G&P, will I have to cut anything away to fit the Aster? I have minimal tools as I've just moved to where I am and couldn't bring anything with me.

I also have a ZCI rotary hop left over from a previous build, should I replace the G&P metal one? The dial is very stiff.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Use a tiny amount of silicone lube on the zci rotary oring to free up movement 

Try the ec gearbox, nothing to lose.  G&p older gearboxes aren't an improvement over ec gearboxes generally but over the years things have changed.  My old g&p from 12 years ago was trash for instance.  

Might run into some fitment issues with the ec though.  Personally id just transplant the titan or buy a new perun for the g&p, open it up, check the parts and see what needs to be improved.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.