Aster v3 issues

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I had to replace the gears inside my specna ak74 edge 2.0, short stroked them by 2 teeth, and managed to get everything back into the gearbox perfectly fine (afaik).

Plugged in the motor and battery, short burst then the mosfet beeped three times and shut off. Plugged it into my phone and apparently its not reading the sector gear, and seems to think my motor isn't Plugged in.

Anyone worked with an aster v3 with short stroked gears able to give me any advice? As far as I remember there wasn't anything special on the stock gears for the aster to read, and I haven't done anything to the motor.

• Supporters

Two questions - did you re-shim it and what sort of motor is it?

Initial impressions are that the motor connector might be damaged or loose, so check that. 

12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Two questions - did you re-shim it and what sort of motor is it?

Initial impressions are that the motor connector might be damaged or loose, so check that. 

I re shimmed, and it's the stock motor.

Think I've solved the issue, sensors were caked in grease, must have put too much on and it got thrown across the mosfet. Also crimped the motor connectors a little and it's not reading any motor issues either.

Feel rather thick now 🤣

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

I re shimmed, and it's the stock motor.

Think I've solved the issue, sensors were caked in grease, must have put too much on and it got thrown across the mosfet. Also crimped the motor connectors a little and it's not reading any motor issues either.

Feel rather thick now 🤣

We've all been there!

Just FYI, they're not as bad as they used to be but if you use a lot of AB the carbon build up in the motor can make the Aster (although more prevalent with the Titan) lose the motor again. They tend to prefer using higher TPA motors.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

We've all been there!

Just FYI, they're not as bad as they used to be but if you use a lot of AB the carbon build up in the motor can make the Aster (although more prevalent with the Titan) lose the motor again. They tend to prefer using higher TPA motors.

I'm planning on putting a warhead base motor in it and switching from 11.1 to 7.4 lipos in the future. Hoping this will become a nicely upgraded backup in case something goes wrong with my tippman hpa or the double eagle gbb m4 a friend is selling me for 60 quid.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.