Silicone oil on the outside if the bucking?

Caj109

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

In due time once everyone's back from Christmas break I'm gonna order a maple leaf macaron 60 bucking and nub for my M4. but from googling and videos people seem to put silicone oil on the outside of the bucking to aid the hop unit to move over it?

Or should I totally avoid any chemicals on the rubber and leave dry?

Thanks

A light coat of silicone will help with sliding the bucking into the hop unit if it's a tight fit. Stops the bucking distorting or tearing.

If it's snug you can prevent the bucking deforming as it's assembled with a little silicone grease.

For Airsoft guns, lithium grease for metal and silicone for rubber and plastic. The loads and temperatures are moderate so a moly grease for example is unnecessary and stickyness is probably more important than lubricity etc.

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

A light coat of silicone will help with sliding the bucking into the hop unit if it's a tight fit. Stops the bucking distorting or tearing.

52 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

If it's snug you can prevent the bucking deforming as it's assembled with a little silicone grease.

For Airsoft guns, lithium grease for metal and silicone for rubber and plastic. The loads and temperatures are moderate so a moly grease for example is unnecessary and stickyness is probably more important than lubricity etc.

Thanks very much both, if no issues with using it then. I'll give it a light coat of silicone oil to avoid damaging it when putting back together.

Cheers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.