UTR.45 Gearbox Woes

Hudson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently bought a boneyard Double Eagle UTR.45 off a sales discord.

It was advertised as not lifting BBs, and being full-auto only.

A simple enough fix, I assumed; worst case scenario, with the Falcon control system I can hopefully just set it to fire one shot on all the settings and use it like that. (I rarely use auto, so it's no big deal if I have to)

Alas, on receiving it that's when the issues began.

It wasn't packaged brilliantly (I've seen worse, but it's still fairly loose inside the box, And I'd be embarrassed to have done this, personally).

There was no fire selector of any type, not even loose in the box, which gave me my first uh-oh, as setting the FCS requires using a fire selector.

Then, on taking it apart, it has a jefftron MOSFET installed, which I'm assuming is *not* standard.

From what I've seen, the stock one has double eagle written all over it and looks different.

I've never opened one of the new FCS double eagles, so have I basically been sold a problem child without being told?

My guess is that the previous owner watch some 'top-tier' YouTube review and thought that replacing the perfectly usable FCS with something that is cool and shiny looking according to "Big Baz the internet tech" was completely necessary before realising they don't know what they're doing, losing several important components and just selling it off cheap to some mug (aka me! 😅)

Edited by Hudson

Ouch. Sounds like someone has had a play and run out of talent. 

Have a look on the honey badger thread, it's the same gearbox with all the falcony type goodness in it. It might help. Haven't opened mine in ages so can't remember what's going on in there now . 😂

The Jefftron Leviathan will give you pre-cocking and control over the level of active braking, but unless the original Falcon controller shat itself there's really no need to replace it (and a GATE Titan v2 would have been a better direct replacement for various reasons).

"Full auto only" may not be a problem in itself, maybe worst case scenario the sticker on the selector plate that optical sensors pickup may be damaged or badly aligned, and you can buy these as spare parts for a couple of quid (sticker packs)...

https://www.jefftron.net/cache/images/full/leviathan-v2-optical-in-package.jpg

... however, if it's not that then worst case we're looking at a maybe shagged Leviathan? I'm assuming it's the wireless one so you can connect to it with a smartphone app to see what the sensors say when you manually move the selector plate?

The selector may be a challenge as they're ambidextrous, with a little toothed cog that sits outside the gearbox shell, and I've no idea if it's a generic ambi-selector so you can easily get a replacement.

There's no selector parts with it at all, not even a selector plate unfortunately!

It's seeming like the best bet would just be to bin it off and sell it for parts at this point!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.