Pistol gurus , opinions please .

JimFromHorsham

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok , I’m not an expert on these things by any stretch but I’ve built a few pistol kits over the years and most have come good in the end . 

currently building a complete Guarder only parts Glock 17 ( gen3 if that helps ) , CNC steel slide , all Guarder internals .

complete guarder lower frame , all steel internals , this is the pre built version . 

Everything fits together beautifully , no snag ups , no sticking slide , racks well , nozzle running very slick and returning as it should . Trigger , hammer all very positive .

however … the shooting bit 😑 

running on propane the hammer is what can be best described as light striking , it certainly won’t cycle more than 1-2mm and either does a very weak bounce or just vents the gas completely .I’m assuming the complete lower has an enhanced hammer spring fitted as standard but can’t confirm this “by eye” and can’t find the product listing and a break down on these parts . This by the way is using a stock TM magazine & valve and a 9ball purple router ( which runs flawlessly in my other glocks ) 

testing with a stock WE EU17 mag we get a bit more oomph but still not enough to even cycle a bb .

If I fit the Steel slide assembly to a totally stock TM lower and it runs very well indeed , locks back fine albeit and as expected gas efficiency is poor where only say 12-15 shots are full power .load the mag to 10 and it will cycle every shot and lock back , every time.

flipped round .

Completely stock TM slide on the Guarder complete lower also runs well with no light striking at all , good power and no reported problems.

so before I get into inside it again anybody got any ideas why the Guarder slide set up and guarder lower are light striking or just venting .

I’ve done the usual light lube , loads of racking and everything is running as smooth as possible .

help or pointers required :)

regards

jim

2 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

I would swap the whole hammer housing over see if it sorts the issue. Next point to check is if the mag is sitting as high in the frame as when in the TM. Next is to sell it and buy a GHK :P.

Hoe you get it sorted. 

thanks , I may start by switching just the hammer spring out for a known unit , and that’s a very good point about the mag height . As for the GHK … after watching someone recently return 3 in very quick succession all with slightly different faults … that’s why I’m here on a guarder build 😂

airsoft lol , all a bit shit really 🤪

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.