Delta-ring delete

MDC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After some advice fellas, I want to do-away with the delta ring set-up on my M4..basically to strengthen things up, so am thinking about a floating barrel configuration where you screw the barrel/collar on and the rail bolts to it, butted up tight against the receiver. Problem is..I want to retain the classic front triangular sight(as apposed to a flip-up one), is there anyway to do this? 

The front triangle's normally held on with pins, so there shouldn't be any structural reason you can't do it. Could either just pick a free float rail that's shorter than your front sight, or one of the ones that has a cutout - e.g. https://madbull.com/catalog/en/products/handguard-ras-rail-mount/daniel-defense-licensed-omegax-rail-12-fsp-fde-tan.html

• Supporters

The delta ring around the standard barrel nut isn't a weak point in any way tbh, there's genuinely millions of M16s and M4s in use in the US forces (and all around the world) with that config and if it was a weak part of the design we'd see them break all the time; so you don't need to change handguard for that reason I'd have to say.

If you just prefer the look of a freefloat handguard then sure personal choice, what Hatchet says is quite right you either get a handguard sufficiently short enough or get a wraparound, often referred to as an FSP cut/cut out.  All you need to determine is the length of your faux gas system in order to choose the right freefloat handguard, unless you want to replace your outer barrel and gas tube of course.  There are carbine, mid length and rifle length gas systems generally in terms of what's out there in airsoft form.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.