asg sportline mp5 bt5 any good?

ctcb197

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I saw a asg sportline mp5 bt5 for £130. I already play a DE honey badger and cyma aks74u and mostly want a mp5 having grown watching diehard.

I know it mostly plastic but the weight reduction me would actually be a bonus. I'm more concerned about reliability and how sturdy they are.

To be honest I probably wouldn't consider getting a mp5 if it wasn't for the price but wondered if was a 'such a thing as too cheap' situation.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know it’s just a rebranded Classic Army. So it’ll probably be reasonably reliable but don’t expect anything special. 

I used to have one and it was perfect for CQB, useable in woodland games but you’ll be outranged by anything other than a stock AEG. Fairly well compatible with upgrade parts etc. 

Is the hop-up based on the old Marui design? Don't touch it with a 10 foot barge pole. That lever thingy isn't gonna stay in place and can snap eventually.

For a bit more money ICS would be a better choice.

Yes if it's the same as mine then it's got the hop-up adjustment via a lever. Seemed solid to me but I guess if you're fiddling with a lot it'll weaken.

1 hour ago, Jacob Wright said:

Yes if it's the same as mine then it's got the hop-up adjustment via a lever. Seemed solid to me but I guess if you're fiddling with a lot it'll weaken.

Vibration of the GB can alter it.

Personally I'd choose an mp5 with slider hop-up like ICS, Cyma, G&G. Whichever is the cheapest and offers the most internally.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.