How to disassemble double bell BYP-01B aks74u

Svendogg

Bought this as a bit of a two prong idea, firstly to have a go with an AK platform gun, and secondly as a learning tool. At the £69.99 i paid for it, I'm not too bothered if I make a mess of it. 

Trouble is, I am not sure how to go about getting the gun apart. Seems I can't remove the hop up and barrel without splitting the gun (like the TMs do I believe) but even with the screws underneath removed it doesn't seem to want to come apart. 

Anyone got advice on this please?

• 10 months later...

Ok forget about this thread and came across it searching for other Ak based info.... Thought I'd update to help people out. 

Seems with this gun you take out the 4 screws in and around the magwell, then you kinda expect the front and rear to split apart, as I believe TM types do. Nay Nay my friends, not yet. 

If you look at the front sight front the barrel end, you will notice a round pressed in plastic cap, you will need a small screwdriver to pry this off. This will reveal a large Allen bolt head, which runs through the top handguard into a metal lug on the other end, which holds the 2 pieces together. Remove this and the sections will separate apart. 

Hope that helps someone else and saves them scratching their head for longer than they really need to 😂