Tokyo Marui M40A5 Sniper Rifle feed problem

JRMS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a Tokyo Marui M40A5 Sniper Rifle and purchased two extra TM-MAG-M40A5 magazines from Airsoft Zone UK. Neither of the two new magazines fit tightly and therefore do not feed pellets into the gun. Does anyone know of a method to adjust the fitting to allow all three magazines to work? I have also asked Airsoft Zone UK for comment.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's brand new and doesn't feed, I'd be more inclined to return them as?faulty than try and fix it myself. 

Are the 2 magazines you purchased identical to the one that came with the rifle?

They were brand new, but I didn't test them for ages due to catching Covid and then suffering from long-Covid, thus putting them outside a reasonable return window. They do seem to be identical to the one that came with the rifle, but I haven't made any precise measurements. I haven't received any feedback from Airsoft Zone UK.

Ahh right okay fair enough. Maybe the new magazines need breaking in a bit - insert and remove a number of times and see if that helps?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah sounds like the magazine isn't seating properly. When you apply pressure to the base of the magazine can you feel it move it all, is there any play in it?

The feed sits higher on the mag that works (on the left) and has some spring to it (although, if I push down on it, the rear of the base plate moves). The other two do not have any movement.

IMG_1147.jpg

Thanks for helping me with this.

It's actually quite a visually noticeable difference isn't it!

If you're handy with a tool, maybe take a bit of material off the tops of magazines 2 and 3 to match 1 on the Left?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.