M-Lok attachments on SMR Style rail - How?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A few days ago I noticed multiple HK416 setups on display at a store, VFC AEGs with replica Geissele style SMR handguards on them. This was one of the things that inspired me to start my SF style build. However one thing I noticed was that many of them had a Magpul AFG attached, the model without a hole in it, which is only available for M-Lok, as well as Night Evolution replicas of M600 Scouts sitting in Arisaka Defense M-Lok mounts instead of SMR mounts. The store clerk didn't have the keys to the display case and the manager was not there, so I never found out how it was done. They were mounted perfectly flush against the handguard, no adapters or anything visible. The handguards were original SMRs with threaded holes, not M-Lok versions. My best guess is that they somehow modified the M-Lok attachments to fit the slots of the SMR. Anyone else got a good guess or theory?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.