TM MP5A5 NGRS Mofset Issue

dom_852

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have an issue with my MP5 where its showing the red mofset light.

It was all fine when I got it (2nd hand but only fieled twice), used it multiple times in the garden, took it to a skirmish, played the first game no issues. 2nd game get the red light, switch batteries all OK for abit then got the red light again. This continued so I swapped guns for the rest of the day and brought ordered a new Lipo thinking mine were maybe getting old snd not holding their charge properly anymore.

New Lipo (one suggested on here) arrives and problem continues, only now the gun is permanently in safe mode. I can put it in to dry fire but the moment you pull the trigger the ref light comes on and it's back to safe mode. It seems to be completely stuck in this mode.

Spoke to Eagle6 and DavesCustom who either couldn't help or didn't want to and CombatSouth who said they had another two in the workshop exactly the same. 

One stock, one upgraded and they hadn't been able to identify the cause so I'm not alone.

Has anyone else come across this? And if so has anyone found a fix?

• 4 weeks later...

If it was the first batch A5, then i have read reports of the mosfet being iffy.

AFAIK, there is no direct replacement, and due to the burst function i dont think it can be replaced with an alternative until TM make enough spares.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.