KWA LM4D LE

Mad dog 49

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Has anyone got the new model LM4D from KWA other than me?

It's a significant upgrade from the supposedly quite gash LM4 with a newly redesigned hop unit.

For anyone who has one, have you found any hop bucking rubbers that fit or work in it because the stock rubber has those horrid "fangs" and I'd love to get rid of them for something a bit less.....erm....shit.

I don't know if the original LM4 rubbers are compatible and I can't find any reference to the LM4D rubber even on KWA website, place seems to suggest the LM4 rubber is the only one available at the moment but it looks different to the new one.

Advice greatly appreciated.

P.s. it shoots like a beast but I hate fanged rubbers.

Update.

I've spoken to BZ Tactical who advise that there aren't any aftermarket rubbers that fit. They have stock ones and will send them out if needed, but apparently they are pretty solid so don't fail often. 

I've flat hopped it but, due to the rubber being so thick I've had to use and omega nub (black) to actually get a flat contact patch.

For anyone else looking for innards for this gat, BZ will either have or order any internals you need if you send them and email with the part on the diagram from KWA highlighted.

Why do you hate fanged/split-nub rubbers?

5 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Why do you hate fanged/split-nub rubbers?

I've never used one in any other gat that didn't cause issues. In my personal experience there seems to be a variation in length between the 2 fangs and I've always ended up with a swerve on the bb and/or rubbish hop performance.

Just personal preference is all I guess.

26 minutes ago, Mad dog 49 said:

I've never used one in any other gat that didn't cause issues. In my personal experience there seems to be a variation in length between the 2 fangs and I've always ended up with a swerve on the bb and/or rubbish hop performance.

Just personal preference is all I guess.

I gotcha.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.