Ares Amoeba EFCS vs Other Mosfet options

stimpy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey up folks...

So I've recently got hold of an Ares Amoeba AM-009 which runs its own EFCS with a mosfet included. However... The programmer to mess with very limited settings is quite a costly item I've now learned...

Which got me looking at electronics and other "mosfet" options.. As an example, the Perun AB++ costs £44.50 and a V2/V3 hybrid around £65 where an Ares programmer costs £63 +++. A Perun would also give me so many other programming options...

My question of course - is it possible to fit one of these units in the Ares? I read some potential issue re the trigger???..

Thanks

52 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Hey up folks...

So I've recently got hold of an Ares Amoeba AM-009 which runs its own EFCS with a mosfet included. However... The programmer to mess with very limited settings is quite a costly item I've now learned...

Which got me looking at electronics and other "mosfet" options.. As an example, the Perun AB++ costs £44.50 and a V2/V3 hybrid around £65 where an Ares programmer costs £63 +++. A Perun would also give me so many other programming options...

My question of course - is it possible to fit one of these units in the Ares? I read some potential issue re the trigger???..

Thanks

The gearbox is proprietary on Ares EFCS guns. There are no drop-in upgrade options. You will need to undertake modifications to the gearbox and/or fabrication of adapters to fit anything other than the stock EFCS unit.

Not saying it can't be done - but it's probably not worth the hassle. 

It’s a major pain to change, because, as Speedbird says, the gearbox is proprietary.

However, you can switch the gearbox to an Arcturus and use a micro switch + inline MOSFET, or an E&L and use a standard ETU like the Perun Hybrid or GATE Titan. Specs on those gearboxes are very close to drop in or completely drop in for Ares receivers, but there’s no guarantees in airsoft. It’s a big pain to change the gearbox anyways.

Thanks chaps.

Perhaps I should have given more research to my impulse Ares purchase!.. But hey ho... ( It does feel very nice and shoots pretty decent - ish)..

I'm relatively new to Airsoft, are there any vids / tech you can recommend on the differences of set ups / electronic controls?. I will be opening my gun up next week some time anyway so I'll get an idea of the Ares set up then anyways. I can't imagine they are terribly complicated but I can understand how even small measurement differences will change set ups. 

I'll do some more googling too...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.