Hopup feed query

John Stephenson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got a new g&g gr16 hopup. When looking down the feed tube you can see a gap where the control arm would sit. Light shines through it.

The issue I have is when I slap in a mag the BBs will feed into the chamber with the top BB sitting in this gap. This seems to prevent the nozzle from correctly impacting the BB, allowing it to pass through the bucking lip.

If I manually drop a BB into the chamber it would just sit correctly up against the bucking lips and will fire just fine.

Is this gap supposed to serve any purpose?

51875A15-398E-48F4-AFAA-88F807A2757C.jpeg

• Supporters

Huh, can't say i've seen that one before.

The only purpose i can possibly see it serving outside of maybe some optimisation of mould tooling during manufacture is for it to be a recess to let the top bb sit neatly in position until pushed by the nozzle. Although i can't say i've ever seen the feed lips on the bucking fail to perform this duty.

If that it its purpose it's clearly failing.....

My immediate assumption was that it was to allow the first round to sit in position until the nozzle makes contact but it basically forces the BB too far up. This prevents the nozzle from catching. 

never seen anything like this before but I’m gonna try filling it in and seeing it that works.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.