Short stroke 4 teeth on 200mm barrel

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have purchases purchased a used e&c strike industries pdw it has had some work done to it by the previous owner and has 13:1 gears with 4 teeth short stroked 2 off the pickup 2 off the release with a 200mm zci inner barrel zci hop unit Maple leaf Mr hop and warhead 35k and perun v2 with an m130 spring all housed in a cnc gearbox I had a quick look inside and saw the anti reversal latch was a bit worn so I have ordered a replacement and it feed every other round on 3 round burst so I have ordered a 21mm nozzle as it currently has a 21.4mm.

Is this setup ok or should I replace the gears and use a weaker spring?

Edited by steverebo

I would say that is a pretty damn fast set up! Are you running it on 7.4 or 11.1v?

I am not sure changing the nozzle length will sort the feeding issues - more likely to drop the power due to bad seal on the rubber.

If it is not feeding I would look at trying a delayer chip (if one isn’t fitted already) and maybe slowing down the ROF in the Perun (is that possible?) and maybe look at tappet plate tuning? 

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

I would say that is a pretty damn fast set up! Are you running it on 7.4 or 11.1v?

I am not sure changing the nozzle length will sort the feeding issues - more likely to drop the power due to bad seal on the rubber.

If it is not feeding I would look at trying a delayer chip (if one isn’t fitted already) and maybe slowing down the ROF in the Perun (is that possible?) and maybe look at tappet plate tuning? 

I'm running an 11.1v I think the I've already ordered the nozzle and I chose this length as when I checked the review of the gun it came with a 21mm nozzle stock but a 21.4mm nozzle was installed and the mag I am using feeds perfectly on my other setup witch is fairly similar.

My concern was the amount of teeth short stroked combined with the m130 spring. My other gun is an arp9 with a 200mm barrel as well and when I worked on that gearbox I contemplated doing 4 teeth but thought better of it and only did 2 on the pickup and used a weaker spring like an m100/m110 to hit under cqb 1j limit but this gun is my outdoor gun so I wanted it just above 1j which it is but an m130 spring with 4 teeth removed seems a bit much to me 

Edited by steverebo

An M130 spring seems excessive with only 4 teeth removed. That is the same short stroke as as stock CYMA platinum and mine gets to 340+fps with an M110 spring. I have others that I have short stroked with cut down M120 springs, but never had to go as high as M130. All springs are different in airsoft, there is no standardisation across different manufactures, even within the same manufacturer you can sometimes get ones that don't match up to what you expect.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.