Noddy MP5 grip angle question

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have a Cyma MP5 that I really like....except for the angle of the pistol grip!

My M4s have all had quite vertical / chunky pistol grips (Magpie or Ergo) as I find this more comfortable on my wrists. On the MP5 there is no option to change out the pistol grip and with the fixed stock it is a bit of a contortion act to grip it and avoid bumping the stock. All the pictures I have seen of the SEF / Navy grips is that they are roughly the same angle so that isn't an option.

Has anyone added material or padding to the back of the pistol grip to make it effectively steeper? As I have large hands this might be an option....maybe drill in some short some pins and build up a new grip backstop with Sugru glue/putty? 

I have just checked my ICS MP5 against my TM 416 the grip angle is the same. if you want to change the shape of the grip you might want to start with a rubber grip sleeve rather than physically altering your grip as you'll have to get a whole new lower if it doesn't work out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.