ASG Armalite M15A4 Handguard

Caldee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

Does anyone know of a handguard that will fit my gun? On the existing one there is a little groove for the pin from the dust cover to slide into but I can’t seem to find any handguards on the internet that would allow this to happen. I have included pictures in case my explanation is confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 76A30921-FAAA-4FE2-8789-9D4E2184D941.thumb.jpeg.5e827172fbbfcda32256a44db023b791.jpeg

71E36200-8FF9-489A-9B50-B6C783B678C2.jpeg

820C02B2-B6BE-45DB-B35E-4EC2C213641D.jpeg

1CA1B941-7E93-450C-8347-C2A958C1FAEC.jpeg

Edited by Caldee

I fear you might struggle. That hand guard sits much further back than on a 'normal' M4 platform . Usually you would see the upper past the ejection port cover . Is there a removable barrel nut ? You can see the difference in the fromt end of the upper in this picture, there is a lug for the dust cover rod and the front of the upper sits above the front body pin hole. What is it that you don't like about the existing hand guard ?

image.thumb.jpeg.7e6cc045d906225c0eac2536cd93ebc2.jpeg

Thanks for your response. 

That is something I have noticed about most other M4s regarding the dust cover lug. I believe it does have a removable barrel nut. 

I personally don’t have any issues with the looks or functionality of the existing handguard other than it being blue and there appears to be a screw missing from the top so it can slide forward (haven’t had it happen during a game). 

To be totally honest with you, I’m pretty new to the sport so was looking in advance of getting my UKARA to turn it all black. Starting to accept that I’m probably going to have to spray it. 

Yeh - you won't be replacing that - as @Nick G says, the geometry of the front of the receiver is not standard M4 spec. It looks proprietary to that specific Classic Army model (CAECR-5)

Is this bit moulded into the upper receiver? I'm guessing it is - and if that's the case the only rail that will fit that receiver is another Classic Army rail of the same design.

image.png.b660ab27e51d06923f04473334a12bb8.png

If the gun is good otherwise - run it until it dies. If you really don't like it, sell it and buy something with a rail that you do like.

Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

Yeh - you won't be replacing that - as @Nick G says, the geometry of the front of the receiver is not standard M4 spec. It looks proprietary to that specific Classic Army model (CAECR-5)

Is this bit moulded into the upper receiver? I'm guessing it is - and if that's the case the only rail that will fit that receiver is another Classic Army rail of the same design.

image.png.b660ab27e51d06923f04473334a12bb8.png

If the gun is good otherwise - run it until it dies. If you really don't like it, sell it and buy something with a rail that you do like.

I think I’m going to end up spraying it when I get my UKARA to be honest. The gun itself hasn’t put a foot wrong so far and I may keep a hold of it to try my hand in some simple upgrades etc. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.