First GPL licensed ODIN Sidewinder Adapter for Tokyo Marui NGRS

BreadyC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I've just finished and published an early, but working version of my TM NGRS STANAG adapter for the ODIN Sidewinder. It really irked me that the only one available was being sold commercially with no option to even just buy the model for printing at home.

As a result, I present to you the first open-source GPL licensed NGRS adapter for the Sidewinder, hopefully this offers a decent alternative to the existing adapter.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/odin-sidewinder-adapter-for-tokyo-marui-ngrs-stanag-magazine

Please note that this is a really early version and is at the point of it working, there are some issues and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Known Issues:

- No mag catch for the NGRS mag can eject the magazine as spring gets harder to depress (one is planed, but I am torn on to make it 3D printed or accept a standard metal AEG mag catch you can just buy)

- Can't fully fill EPMs using knock-off ODINs due to lack of torque, I haven't test it on a genuine ODIN.

This design was a complete from scratch design and does not infringe or replicate any of AirTac's adapter.

Screenshot from 2022-12-30 22-06-46.png

Screenshot from 2022-12-30 22-06-35.png

Screenshot from 2022-12-30 22-06-06.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.