ASG Hera Arms CQR mods

Davet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The boy was gifted a Hera Arms CQR but is not overly taken by the ergonomics or looks (bless, poor teenagers), so I was looking at some simple mods - namely replacing the combined stock/pistol grip with separate parts. A new stock should be the easy bit as a bit of searching reveals there’s a standard buffer tube underneath but not sure about suitable pistol grips?

Anybody done similar and can recommend parts and any pitfalls to avoid (and show pics of the conversion for inspiration)?

Ta

The Hera Arms gun is actually made by ICS, so you would be looking specifically for ICS grips if you want a drop-in fit.

Why?

Because ICS has some funky fitment standards and finding a non-ICS grip to fit without having to deal with dremelling/filing and potentially messing up the motor angle can be a real bitch**

ICS parts can be sourced from Fire-Support - look for anything that would normally be fitted as 'stock' on their EBB models (Not CS4/CXP non-EBB models - they use slightly different geometries again)

If in doubt, call Fire-Support about compatibility before ordering.

There have been Hera Arms that popped-up in the classifieds that have had the stock/grip swapped out (note the poor fit of the G&G grip)

image.png.5b571a8403bce41e6cf4423d6a61e58d.png

image.png.a81a5150684de302fe7dac3f432117c3.png

**Source: I have 4 ICS M4 Models in my collection.

54 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The Hera Arms gun is actually made by ICS, so you would be looking specifically for ICS grips if you want a drop-in fit.

Why?

Because ICS has some funky fitment standards and finding a non-ICS grip to fit without having to deal with dremelling/filing and potentially messing up the motor angle can be a real bitch**

ICS parts can be sourced from Fire-Support - look for anything that would normally be fitted as 'stock' on their EBB models (Not CS4/CXP non-EBB models - they use slightly different geometries again)

If in doubt, call Fire-Support about compatibility before ordering.

There have been Hera Arms that popped-up in the classifieds that have had the stock/grip swapped out (note the poor fit of the G&G grip)

image.png.5b571a8403bce41e6cf4423d6a61e58d.png

image.png.a81a5150684de302fe7dac3f432117c3.png

**Source: I have 4 ICS M4 Models in my collection.

Thanks pal - when I searched for any posts earlier, those picks came up and I did wonder…

• 2 months later...

I completely upgraded my hera arms, the Krytac grip fits nicely and the g&g stock fits like a glove,  put 2 layers of paint (paint pen with a brush from Amazon) in the gap between upper and lower receiver which completely removed the annoying wobble. 

Install EDGI 420 inner barrel,  maxx pro hop and action army hive silencer,  gate Titan and this is now my favorite and most accurate DMR

1675206437002437760026996038855.jpg

On 31/01/2023 at 23:11, Ranger said:

I completely upgraded my hera arms, the Krytac grip fits nicely and the g&g stock fits like a glove,  put 2 layers of paint (paint pen with a brush from Amazon) in the gap between upper and lower receiver which completely removed the annoying wobble. 

Install EDGI 420 inner barrel,  maxx pro hop and action army hive silencer,  gate Titan and this is now my favorite and most accurate DMR

1675206437002437760026996038855.jpg

Very nice… 😎

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.