Polarstars valves

Guest dgiles06

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest dgiles06

Hello their I'm looking into getting into hpa I've been looking at a second hand polarstar f1 does anyone know what the valves it uses are rated to just want to make sure as its quite hard to find one in the uk for sale so if it does end up giving up it will have to be imported and that won't be cheep also what pressure do I need to achieve 340fps I've heard it's about 46 psi it's just so I can calculate the shots il get out of my bottle thanks a bunch 

• Supporters

Hi buddy

I'm not sure what you mean by valves as the F1 has no valves within it, just a solenoid, body casings and a nozzle.

I can only assume by valve you mean regulator? If that's the case, in reality any will do really. The tank itself has a regulator (primary) already attached, which has a set output of normally 800 to 1000PSI, this then feeds to your secondary regulator which steps it down to below 130PSI and is adjustable by means of an adjustment screw. For the F1 Engine, any regulator made by Polarstar, Redline or Balystik will do do so long as you don't over pressure the engine.

The F1 will probably happily run between 40 to 130PSI according to Polarstars website.

The amount of PSI needed to meet 340FPS on .20g BBs is highly dependant on various factors such as:

Length of inner barrel

Inner barrel diameter

Amount of hop used/needed

Type of hop used (Flat hop, R-Hop, S- Hop et al)

Size of hop window

Hop rubber (60 degree, etc)

Quality and weight of BBs used

General fitment and finish of the RIF (ie how well the nozzle, hop, inner barrel etc all fit together).

The F1 isn't as adjustable as a Polarstar Fusion Engine, which IMO is the best HPA engine out there in terms of features, adjustability and trigger feel. The F1 have a set nozzle diameter but different nozzles for different guns. Unlike the FE which had different coloured nozzles and poppets for different outputs.

Unless anyone else here is able to put their numbers down (PSI and what kit used) here's a break down of what I have from tank to pew:

Tank: Guerilla Air Myth 68/4500

Regulator: Redline SFR

Engine: Polarstar Fusion Engine with S2 Lightning banjo, Red Nozzle and Red Low Flow Poppet

Hop up: Prowin M4 CNC hop up chamber (original version before they became crap)

Hop type: Kingdom of Airsoft R-Hop

Inner Barrel: EdGI 300mm length with diameter of 6.02mm

BBs: G&G or ASG Devils .28g BBs

With the exception of the tank and regulator, all the above fits into a G&P Salient Arms Intl M4 body. All in all i can run the above set up on 50PSI for 341FPS on .20g BBs.

Ill be honest, unless you are using a tiny 13CI tank or running and gunning everywhere, the likelihood of you running out of air is minimal. I have two 68CI tanks, I  find that one lasts me more than 1 day at sites where burst and semi auto fire is used. At one of the sites I play at where full auto is a given, one tank will last 3/4 of the day but I normally change mid way through.

Below is a pic of my HPA M4

1463832802_DSC04870(2).thumb.JPG.288c6114d546d86b68de22fa036fa244.JPG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.