Which brand g36c to buy??

beanyweanywoo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I’m fairly new to Airsoft and have been a massive fan of g36c throughout video games growing up, I am looking to get the best one I could possibly buy. So far I have found the Tokyo Mauri to be the best built but is not a polymer made exterior. Which is what I am after. Is there any good and reliable brands that are both solid and not going to break often? 

G36s are a tough one where most are *okay* but non are amazing.

JGs are incredibly cheap and will never break, but their stock hop up is ehh and their body is cheap (Cyma is a similar story)

Classic Army has an amazing body but their internals like to strip.

Ares are solid enough, but have some proprietary stuff, easy to find parts though (by extension specna) 

G&G is solid, again a nice body but have funky compatibility issues with magazines (TM spec though)

WE AEGs I've heard are good, but not 100% on details.

ICS ones are good too, but they're not exactly a G36 

Iirc there's a few other brands out there but not too common these days (src etc)

• Supporters
18 hours ago, beanyweanywoo said:

I’m fairly new to Airsoft [...] I am looking to get the best one I could possibly buy

Well, its 2nd owner will thank you. ;) 

I can only speak to my JG G36C. It's tough (they're a common rental choice) has worked just fine and takes upgrades well. I bought it as a backup-backup but have ended up using it (and abusing it and upgrading it) more than anything else.

The plastic doesn't feel great though.  Not as bad as the cheapest CYMA M4 toytown stuff, but not nearly as nice as G&G.  It works just fine though, it keeps the outsides out and the insides in, and you won't be bothered by dropping it.  The stock hop on mine works OK. It's maybe a little fragile, and mine is glued back together - it still works OK though.

If you're bothered by the externals, I'd suggest that you try some in person rather than taking anyone else's word for it.  I'm perfectly content with the JG body, especially for the price, but I know some people would recoil in horror exclaiming "That's nothing like the real-steel-polymer one that I used all the time when I was in the Kommando Spezialkräfte, but I'm not allowed to talk about it."

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.