Revision desert locust thermal lenses

LiamOT21

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been trying to find some thermal lenses for my desert locusts for a good minute now, anyone know where to find some? Tac kit is the only retailer I can find in the uk however out of stock, and I can’t really seem to find much overseas either? 

• Supporters

I've had my Desert Locusts changed to mesh so I have a set of thermals I could be persuaded to part with.

• 10 months later...

Apologies for the necro - I found out some relevant info after hunting for my own set of Desert Locust thermal lenses.

Apparently Revision discontinued them about a year ago. Revision also thinks that they weren't that much better in terms of anti-fog compared to the standard Desert Locust lens, which was a reason why they discontinued them.

Ian at https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/ advised that the lenses were made to order, and that they and a company in France were possibly the only retailers that ever ordered them. Thermal lenses were never issued by any military, they were only sold to retailers, hence why they were rare before (and even rarer now).

As for myself, Ian found me a new set of Desert Locust thermal lenses gathering dust in some box in his warehouse! So I've got 'em now. Sorry to everyone else who may have been looking for a set.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.