Cybergun FN Herstal Scar-L thread damage

Trashpanda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am looking for some advice and help on an issue that has happened to my Cybergun Scar-L after an accident at a skirmish, while in a game moving threw a tree line I lost my footing and fell forwards onto my Scar and flat on my face during this I had knocked the silencer and muzzle and had to remove the silencer as the fall had damaged it. When I was at home I attempted to remove the muzzle after undoing the retention screw and and unscrewing the muzzle it appears to have damaged the thread on the barrel while i was removing it even though I was doing so with great care as I feared something may be wrong. I have got a tap and die set on the way to see if I can repair the damage to the thread, but I am looking for advice if this is not possible if there is anywhere near me that anyone recommends I could take it to be repaired or if anyone knows of how I could get a new piece if it will need replacing? I am located in Oakham, Rutland.

Thank you in advance,

Trashpanda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.