Tokyo Marui M92f Phrobis “Dolphin” kit identification

JimFromHorsham

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good Morning , here is a pretty old custom Tokyo Marui M92f military , it’s fitted with a pretty rare (I think?) Dolphin conversion kit , very unique and gives the pistol full auto capability , I’ve seen references to a Marushin or Maruzen version of the Dolphin but can’t find any reference to a TM kit , can anyone help ? 

Ive added a pic alongside a more modern TM Military with Guarder conversion kit ,

Some old school reading links ,

https://arniesairsoft.co.uk/justpistols/dolphin_real.htm

a nine ball conversion kit ( which mine isn’t )

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/m9-m92f-series/products/nine-ball-dolphin-fs-conversion-kit-tanio-koba-x-laylax-collaboration-for-marui-m92f-gbb

Marushin , 

http://plugfirecapgunsuk.com/PhotoAlbumsPro/USN_M9_Dolphin/#/0

i may well just be acting like a blind man with my searches but any help appreciated , 

thank you :) 

521C515B-D885-4A9E-A696-1571A25ECAB0.jpeg

35AE7AB8-4AC8-4635-9877-236D9C0E79DE.jpeg

EAE03BB0-7F74-40D0-B423-EA277BB34901.jpeg

A649CF80-91A1-41E6-A2AA-943A6723AE6A.jpeg

Edited by JimFromHorsham
More clarity

12 minutes ago, novioman said:

Hi Jim,

Is the other Beretta with the Guarder kit part of the collection as well, think that may be the one I saw marked up as having a steel kit fitted.

Regards

Doug. 

hi Doug , no , the guarder kit is one I built myself :) 

Maybe the one I saw has sold then, it was definitely marked up as a steel kit, and Dan got a magnet to check and it wasn’t steel, but it was a nice pistol, should have bought it there & then. 

Just now, novioman said:

Maybe the one I saw has sold then, it was definitely marked up as a steel kit, and Dan got a magnet to check and it wasn’t steel, but it was a nice pistol, should have bought it there & then. 

the one you saw was a Beretta 92 elite , guarder kit on a TM base .

21 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I thought Guarder only made kits for the original TM 92f  - the one with the fixed hop.

Did you manage to fit such a kit to the more recent Gen 2 Marui M9?

Or am I mistaken?

They do and I’m not sure I said any different ? Apologies if it came across that way .

The guarder kit I built was onto an M92f Military , I bought pistol and kit at the same time in 2020 , it is a fixed hop model , although with .25s it gives a very nice straight flight path for what I’d call typical (stock internal ) pistol ranges anyway .

35C7FD15-7D78-4545-8062-0659DDDFEA1A.thumb.jpeg.83897a80b1c3c6c30bb93a31e373ac7d.jpeg

My point of “more modern” was that the dolphin kit is at a guess over a decade old ,probably closer to 15yrs , but I honestly have no idea and the donor 92f military that was put into it was the same age . 

Hope that makes some sense :)

Edited by JimFromHorsham
Clarity

Thanks very much for clearing that up for me.

I have often thought of buying one of the earlier TM Beretta 92s, as opposed to the later M9A1 and M9 models, simply because there was a metal kit for it.

Was it a pain to install the Guarder kit? I imagine the bbu would have had to be filed to get it to fit the Guarder slide. Anything else I should be aware of?

19 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks very much for clearing that up for me.

I have often thought of buying one of the earlier TM Beretta 92s, as opposed to the later M9A1 and M9 models, simply because there was a metal kit for it.

Was it a pain to install the Guarder kit? I imagine the bbu would have had to be filed to get it to fit the Guarder slide. Anything else I should be aware of?

if I can do it then I’m sure you’d be fine ,it wasn’t a pain at all , I’ve done a few kits over the years and like all things just get everything you need or want to do in advance and have it all laid out , just work your way through it methodically . A good quality tool kit of micro drivers , parallel punches , needle files etc is worth its weight in gold with these type of projects , trying to make do with “almost fitting” tools usually ends in disaster , have the phone handy for photos as you go also helps for re-assembly . 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.