AEP Glock mosfet choices

GuapXLEntertainment

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My girlfriend bought me the new Nov glock 18c aep which to my understanding is just a cyma gen 3 glock aep that fits in a glock holster. 

I watched the airsoft veteran review, and he added a spring and an 11.1 lipo that I can't find in the United States, and said he could use a 370 motor from an RC car to make it snappy. That being said he eluded to the eventuality that this setup is unsustainable for long term use without upgrading the gears and pinion gear which he said was also compatible with rc car pinion gears without giving any links or specifying the size of said pinion gear so the rest of the world would be able to upgrade thier aep.

That being said, I'm not trying to get extra power per se from my aep. I just want a snappier trigger response on semi auto.

I've heard some people talk about upgrading the mosfet. I am aware of 2 mosfets for aeps, the Sigma and the Jefftron. I also saw something about a perun mosfet. I think a mosfet that does precocking might work well, but idk which mosfet would work the best.

On a separate note. Are there any parts that need replaced using the standard spring for long term reliability?

Any recommended modification advice would be appreciated. As stated, I want this pistol to be snappy without self destructing. Its a present from my gf, and I'd like it to last.

• Supporters

Hi.  I've put a fair amount of time into tinkering with my CYMA CM.123 AEP - they all use essentially the same internals.

What you can do with them is limited by the tiny cylinder volume, and the battery space.  With the stock nimh battery that comes in the older style AEPs, the semi auto trigger response was dreadful.  Just switching to a tiny 7.4V 300mAh 35C/70C (notionally 10.5A / 20.1A) battery with a mini-JST connector helped significantly.  It looks like you have a bigger 500mAh with a Deans connector, I don't know what C / amperage it can notionally supply, but you should already be seeing good response - for an AEP.

When I gutted mine and shoehorned in a much bigger 1200mAh 25/50C (30/60A) in, using a full sized Deans connector, trigger response got a lot better.

If you can find an 11.1V that fits, great.  You've already got a mosfet which should take the trigger contacts out of the equation.  Neither the Sigma nor the Jefftron say they support pre-cock, and I'd be surprised if they could given how the cut-off system works in an AEP.  So I wouldn't bother changing the stock mosfet.  Mine doesn't have one, and from what I've seen, current flow is limited by the battery, not the trigger contacts.

Sorry, no idea about the motor, I have no experience with RC or 370s.  I would note that even fractions of a mm of a difference in size can mess up your build, whether it's length, girth or shaft (snigger).

On power, all AEPs come in around 200fps on 0.2g / 0.37J, i.e. weaker than a politician's promise.  With the tiny cylinder volume available, and the curious nozzle design with a somewhat suspect sealing mechanism, it's hard to get much more out of them.  The best I managed with an Eagle M90 spring and everything lubed to extremes was 240fps / 0.54J, at the cost of a noticeably slower trigger response.  I mention this to agree that it's not worth trying to squeeze more out of them. Also, the gearbox is a bit of a chore to get back together, especially with a stronger spring.

You're not going to want to hear this, but honestly, I'd fit the biggest battery that you can, and leave it alone.  The best that I can say about AEPs is that they perform consistently.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.