JLS RX4 Outer barrel 14mm Thread and Pitch not quite right

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all. 

Looking for some help. 

My JLS RX4 is back from the tech and is performing extremely well. However I just realised that not only does it have a positive thread. It's also not 14mm thread. I cant squeeze on my 14mm+ to 14mm- adapter to use a tracer or silencer. The barrel thread is ever so slightly bigger and only the flash hider that came with it fits. 

It could be a different thread pitch, but I cant get accurate enough measurements with my calliper's. 

I took my Tavors plastic flash hider and tried putting it on the RX4. it went on, but got a little tight, damaged the thread a tad, Tried RX4 flash hider on Tavor. Went on fine. So I reckon the threads on the barrel are a little messed up.

Are there any risk free and relatively tool free ways I can get around this? I was thinking a sacrificial plastic +- 14mm thread adapter that I can screw on and off when needed (And hope it doesn't break). I am finding it hard to find something made out of plastic which isn't expensively 3D printed. Or if someone can recommend a relatively loose threaded metal adapter?

I could try and recut with a M14x1 Die and chase the threads down, but I do risk ruining it and I have never done it before. 

What do you guys reckon?

Edited by Asomodai

• Asomodai changed the title to JLS RX4 Outer barrel 14mm Thread and Pitch not quite right
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.