WE Hi Capa 5.1 slide rattle, help

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have just picked up a second hand WE Hi Capa (Force TRex 6”) second hand.

It runs well and no issues with FPS etc… but there are two problems my Google skills can’t find an answer to.

1, the slide and outer barrel are very rattly. I’ve stripped, cleaned and lubed everything but no effect.

is this likely to be poor QC or more likely wear and more importantly is there anything I can do about it?

2, the thumb safety on the right side is extremely loose, it works fine and it doesn’t engage/disengage when I don’t want it to but it’s really annoying.

I’ve removed both safeties and can’t find any wear - again anything obvious I can do here?

TIA

B31608B2-6312-4513-AFAD-7B62725D7437.jpeg

80B632CE-6EAB-4E84-8D8A-0105885ADDB5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hamster82 said:

Hi all, I have just picked up a second hand WE Hi Capa (Force TRex 6”) second hand.

It runs well and no issues with FPS etc… but there are two problems my Google skills can’t find an answer to.

1, the slide and outer barrel are very rattly. I’ve stripped, cleaned and lubed everything but no effect.

is this likely to be poor QC or more likely wear and more importantly is there anything I can do about it?

2, the thumb safety on the right side is extremely loose, it works fine and it doesn’t engage/disengage when I don’t want it to but it’s really annoying.

I’ve removed both safeties and can’t find any wear - again anything obvious I can do here?

TIA

B31608B2-6312-4513-AFAD-7B62725D7437.jpeg

80B632CE-6EAB-4E84-8D8A-0105885ADDB5.jpeg

most likely yes its poor QC but could be excessive wear. if it works just except what it is a don't buy a WE Hi capa next time. the only way to fix it is to spend more on replacement parts than just buying a new one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.