ASG Evo

Matt.2504

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking to upgrade my Evo.

Internally so far all I have upgraded  is the bearing spring guide and it’s currently slinging .28s nicely but I want better range.

i already own the CNC hop unit which I haven’t yet installed and am looking at getting the 6.03 208mm madbull black python inner barrel and want it slinging .32s 

only issue is that last week it chrono’d dead on the limit for .28s. ( 350fps on .2s)

if I swapped the spring from an M95 to an M90 would that power decrease be sufficient to cover the slight increase from an improved hop unit, rubber, barrel and potentially R / flat hop mod?

It'd be near impossible for anyone to give you an accurate answer. Focus on getting everything where you want it first and chrono afterwards. Spring changes on Evo's can be done almost instantly, so if you don't have a chrono at home, take a slightly weaker spring with you just in case. I will also add I wasn't a fan of the CNC hop unit. It's obviously made by ASG too but for some reason you need to meticulously shim it or lose 100+fps.

In my experience (I've owned several Evo's), they all hop 0.28's nice and straight for 50M+ out the box. I can't understand why you'd need more than that from an SMG. I also didn't see an improvement in range from swapping the bucking or barrel. Again IMO, they're ideally suited for the job OOTB.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.