Will a zci high toque motor go well with 16:1 gears

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've got a zci high torque motor and I have ordered some 16:1 zci advanced gears. Will the zci high torque motor be a good match for my gearset or should I grab a different one I want a decent rate of fire but reduced motor weapon stress compared to 13:1 builds 

That rather depends on what you regard as a decent rate of fire.

I have the same motor/gear combination in two guns.  One runs on 7.4v and gives what I would regard as a decent rate of fire; the other runs on 9.9v and gives what I would regard as a rate of fire that verges on being wankerish.  I only use semi and the setup gives very nice trigger response, especially on 9.9v.

52 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

That rather depends on what you regard as a decent rate of fire.

I have the same motor/gear combination in two guns.  One runs on 7.4v and gives what I would regard as a decent rate of fire; the other runs on 9.9v and gives what I would regard as a rate of fire that verges on being wankerish.  I only use semi and the setup gives very nice trigger response, especially on 9.9v.

Well with the stock motor I'm at 18rps and with the high torque I sit at 17.5rps I would like to be around the early 20's with better trigger response would I get that with this combination?

All of this is based on the assumption that you currently have 18:1 gears.

You will get slightly better trigger response; theoretically, your ROF should go up to 19.7rps (17.5x18/16).  However, stated gear ratios are not always 100% accurate.

If you want to go a little higher and still retain good trigger response (although not as good as with the ZCI), I would recommend the SHS High Torque motor which, according to the stated performance, should get you up to  around 21.5rps.

Of course, all this depends on other factors so any figures given are, at best, approximate.  Shimming and motor height can both make a difference.

Edited by colinjallen

3 hours ago, colinjallen said:

All of this is based on the assumption that you currently have 18:1 gears.

You will get slightly better trigger response; theoretically, your ROF should go up to 19.7rps (17.5x18/16).  However, stated gear ratios are not always 100% accurate.

If you want to go a little higher and still retain good trigger response (although not as good as with the ZCI), I would recommend the SHS High Torque motor which, according to the stated performance, should get you up to  around 21.5rps.

Of course, all this depends on other factors so any figures given are, at best, approximate.  Shimming and motor height can both make a difference.

Thanks for the information that gives me something to think about 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.