Glock mag orings

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, got a second hand leaky Glock mag for my aap01 but looks like someone has changed out the o ring to the wrong size, hense why it's leaking. What size should be on here? Also shouldn't it be square? As I can't see a circular oring sealing the corners well. Any help is appreciated

IMG_20211215_115113.jpg

It doesn't need to be square but TM OEM ones are. Options are if it's leaking from the base plate is to soak the rubber in silicon oil it should swell up to give you a seal. If that doesn't work Google Tokyo Marui/WE Glock rebuild kit. If that don't work your mag casing maybe warped and it maybe case of Ptf tape or worst case it's beyond repair. The other thing to think about is a rebuild kit is 10 to 14 quid that will give you enough seals to fix multiple mags or a TM mag can be got new for £25 WE for £22.

Edited by BigStew

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

It doesn't need to be square but TM OEM ones are. Options are if it's leaking from the base plate is to soak the rubber in silicon oil it should swell up to give you a seal. If that doesn't work Google Tokyo Marui/WE Glock rebuild kit. If that don't work your mag casing maybe warped and it maybe case of Ptf tape or worst case it's beyond repair. The other thing to think about is a rebuild kit is 10 to 14 quid that will give you enough seals to fix multiple mags or a TM mag can be got new for £25 WE for £22.

I have tried soaking o ring and also tried heating it whilst being stretched. It always leaked from the corners of the base plate

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Could I use an instant gasket around the lip?

9 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

I have tried soaking o ring and also tried heating it whilst being stretched. It always leaked from the corners of the base plate

Maybe Ptf tape maybe get seal kit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.