NOOB from Norfolk!

NeatBeard

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning y'all, been lurking on here a bit and reading up on plenty of articles so though that I should register and say "Hi" so that I can bombard y'all with questions etc. and bore the arse of you!

I'm totally new to the sport and have only played 2x games so far and hopefully have my 3rd booked for this Saturday so i'm on my way to getting my UKARA defence so that I can look at purchasing my first RIF.

I took my eldest 2x sons (14 and 15) to Battle Stations Activity Centre in Snetterton as it's near to where we live (Norwich) and we had a great time, hence it slowly consuming all my time on various sites researching everything from camo, loadouts, guns to BBs and attachments! We were all raving about it so much that the wife decided to join us for our second visit there and she too now has the bug, so I can see this getting expensive as we've already started to purchase some gear. I would say that 'the family that shoots together, stays together' but thats not true as my wife 'accidentally' shot our 14 year old in the dick and now he's now not sure if he wants to continue playing!! :D I have suggested that he carries on but with additional protection but he's still not 100% sure...

I have a number of hobbies and always tend to do my own thing within various groups and this sport seems to be the same for me. I wanted some camo gear, but I wanted something different from what i've seen at games and in various facebook groups so i've gone for some Swedish M90 Splinter camo and I purchased a fast style helmet along with some good quality goggles that attach to it. I have the crap combo of wearing glasses and sport a beard, so eye/face protection has taken some consideration. I tend to sweat loads when running around, so want to use a minimal 
loadout so i'm also thinking of a minimal chest rig, something like a Trojan to hold some extra mags, battery, basic tool kit etc.

RIFs - Part of me not wanting to follow the crowd and my love of old classic cars and all things mechanical means that i'm heavily leaning towards the AK platform, with the CYMA being a good contender at the moment due to bang for buck that i've read it offers.

I've probably already bored the arse of y'all so erm yeah.... "Hi" and maybe see some of you at site in the future?

Welcome to the forum dude!

Glad you are getting into it, especially with the family, might help with getting any grief from the missus over "purchases" ;)

I feel for your 14yo, as my mate managed to shoot me in the gooch whilst I was crouched on a hill!

Welcome,

Sounds like you're all off to a good start 👍

Yikes, its going to get expensive 😄

The 'accidental' shooting by your wife is unfortunate.

Make sure you instil the safety aspects of gun usage; no finger on trigger until ready to fire and ALWAYS wear eye-pro.

You should be happy with a CYMA AK.  (You'll inevitably consider tinkering to get more range 😉)

Do lots of reading in the forum as most questions have answers in here somewhere 😁

1 hour ago, Brophy said:

Welcome to the forum dude!

Glad you are getting into it, especially with the family, might help with getting any grief from the missus over "purchases" ;)

I feel for your 14yo, as my mate managed to shoot me in the gooch whilst I was crouched on a hill!

Yeah sometimes the Mrs is worse than me for splashing cash on hobbies, so yup that'll deffo help!

Sorry shouldn't laugh as I know how it feels getting stingy hits after getting shot in the neck from under 2mtrs on the CQB site and jump-scaring the dude, i thought I was sweating but I was actually wiping away blood! MEDIC!! :D

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Welcome,

Sounds like you're all off to a good start 👍

Yikes, its going to get expensive 😄

The 'accidental' shooting by your wife is unfortunate.

Make sure you instil the safety aspects of gun usage; no finger on trigger until ready to fire and ALWAYS wear eye-pro.

You should be happy with a CYMA AK.  (You'll inevitably consider tinkering to get more range 😉)

Do lots of reading in the forum as most questions have answers in here somewhere 😁

Yup deffo instilling safety into them all and our eye/face-pro has been top priority so far.

Am certainly reading loads at the mo.

Oh and thanks for the welcome! :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.