Tectonic Innovations Quake 8 Shot

KyleAirsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

What sort of maintenance do you guys do for this grenade? When I first bough the grenade it went of every time without fail. I am now finding maybe 2/3 off the blanks will not go off.

Any way to fix this? 

Maybe use some PTFE spray (GT85 or similar) to make sure the weighted head and striker pin are moving freely as any friction will reduce the impact on the primer. I have an old AlphaTec and it just keeps running with zero maintenance...not even sure what you can do to them?!

I've found that if they land on their side then they don't always go off, tested it in my garden and it was much more reliable when upright or upside down

I give mine a small squirt of silicon spray during the day as sometimes they get sooty buildup around the baseplate and become hard to screw on

the spray keeps everything moving freely

hope that helps 😁

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.