TM G22 upgrades Help

dagga333

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking about spending a few £s on my g22. she is currently completely stock and could do with a bit of love.

Current known issues are that the mags are no longer gas tight and the gun fails to cycle completely, slide is a bit sticky on the return. 

So was thinking new o rings for the mags as well as new gas route seals.

Pistol its self I'm up for suggestions.   

What do you want to achieve with the pistol? A metal slide is most peoples first move but obviously that's only aesthetic and if anything a detriment to the performance. How about a flat and/or tuneable trigger?

I've got a 50 degree flamingo rubber and ZCI barrel in my TM G17 (Gen.4), it lifts 0.28's with ease, which is something in my experience stock TM GBBP's struggle with. Outside of that I don't think there's any need to mess with springs etc.

I have a Maple leaf 50 degree rubber, I key, hop wheel and crazy jet  in my G18 , and in most of pistols , run them all on .30's although they will happily lift heavier.

Just clean it, repair the mags.

ANYTHING else you do won’t be an upgrade. At best it will be a modification that retains original performance.

Much more likely once it’s modified it will not perform very well. It’s surprisingly difficult to improve on a standard TM pistol.

Yes, I have rebuilt more than a few 

Thanks for the info boys, will give her a good clean and lube, fix the mags and leave it at that for a while. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.