L119a2 Rail

MadBenNI

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently purchased the Angry Gun L119a2 Short rail but I discovered that the barrel nut is too big for the specan arms Mk18 receiver. Has anyone had a similar issue with the barrel nut being too big for the threads?  

Which version did you get ? there is a TM specific one , not sure what the thread is on that. I've fitted 2 of the normal A2 fronts, one for my AEG build on a Cyma reciever and one on a WE GBBR , had no issues with either, the included barrel nut went on fine. Alternativly maybe the MK18 has a unique thread size.

did you buy the rail new? i think they all come with an aeg nut as new

On 06/07/2021 at 21:01, DestrO said:

did you buy the rail new? i think they all come with an aeg nut as new

On 06/07/2021 at 16:43, Nick G said:

Which version did you get ? there is a TM specific one , not sure what the thread is on that. I've fitted 2 of the normal A2 fronts, one for my AEG build on a Cyma reciever and one on a WE GBBR , had no issues with either, the included barrel nut went on fine. Alternativly maybe the MK18 has a unique thread size.

I bought it brand new from Angry Gun. I am going to have to try with a different gun as I have had to return my Mk18 as it was faulty.

If you are planning a proper L119 A2 build, start with any standard M4. That'll get you close for barrel length,  119 is a 10" barrel for a short or 15.7" for a long . Either CQB or carbine length M4 will be too long but barrels can be cut . Just read you are doing a short, so CQB M4 will get you started. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.