M4 Mws (Mk18) FPS Upgrade

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all.... i have purchased the m4 mws (mk18 version) from a site called impulse in japan, -- i am constant player of CQB airsoft at my local bristol airsoft i usually go once a week

my pistols are 330-350 fps, my shotgun is 350 fps, unfortunately the MWS is only 280 fps - the difference in 70 fps is huge- especially outdoors it makes me not want to even try to take it outdoors but the gun is so damn nice and almost perfect..

i understand physics of gas rifles and believe that if i increase the barrel length of my rifle, and also reduce the barrel width to 6.01 mm i will get increased fps, am i correct?

if so have anybody got any idea where i can buy such a barrel?? thanks alot

You are correct, a longer inner barrel in a GBBR will increase fps / power . You may find that there is an alternative nozle available too, Japan has very strict power limits, there may ba a 'rest of the world ' option 

What length is the inner barrel now ? 

28 minutes ago, tommy turner said:

hi all.... i have purchased the m4 mws (mk18 version) from a site called impulse in japan, -- i am constant player of CQB airsoft at my local bristol airsoft i usually go once a week

my pistols are 330-350 fps, my shotgun is 350 fps, unfortunately the MWS is only 280 fps - the difference in 70 fps is huge- especially outdoors it makes me not want to even try to take it outdoors but the gun is so damn nice and almost perfect..

i understand physics of gas rifles and believe that if i increase the barrel length of my rifle, and also reduce the barrel width to 6.01 mm i will get increased fps, am i correct?

if so have anybody got any idea where i can buy such a barrel?? thanks alot

Stop using duster gas and use Predator Ultra Gas

/thread

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.