Krytac Kriss Vector Mag

RAM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I just purchased a Krytac kriss vector and I have to press the mag release to get the mag to load. Is this normal or do I need to check that something is not binding up ? 

If you bought it used, chances are somebody left bb’s in the mag.

These mags are prone to spring compression issues if you do that, which in turn might lead to your issue

50 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

which in turn might lead to your issue

Sorry I think my explanation might be misleading. I cant get the mags to lock into the magwell unless I press the mag release as where on my other AEG'S which are M4 platforms I can just push the mags into the magwell and they click into place and lock without having to press the mag release button. Hope this makes a bit more sense.

Is the gun new, or are the mags or the mag catch worn?

Try tipping the mags forward slightly as you push them home.

Does the gun have a standard mag catch?

12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is the gun new, or are the mags or the mag catch worn?

Try tipping the mags forward slightly as you push them home.

Does the gun have a standard mag catch?

Hi the gun is not new it is used. I tried tipping the mags forward as I was loading them and backwards nothing seems to allow them to lock home unless I press the mag release slightly, It only needs to be pressed about 1mm for it to allow the mags to then slip into place, Every mag looks OK to me with now signs of damage or wear.

The mag catch looks standard to me but having never owned a Vector before I can't be 100% sure.

I have tried to get some pictures to help with this. 

20210522_210453.jpg

20210522_210518.jpg

20210522_210531.jpg

20210522_210651.jpg

Just had a look at the parts diagram and it looks like the mag release is stock.

Screenshot_20210522-213318_Chrome.jpg

It does look standard, it’s plastic I take it?

Is it damaged? New, undamaged Krytac catch on the right here

1FD2F9B0-2702-4630-B4C2-F5D74DFC584F.jpeg

7431B1DC-4E73-4810-840A-5ED992A94611.jpeg

I thought it was metal i will double check tomorrow. Thanks for the pictures. 

Well I just checked it and it all looks fine to me. But on a good note I figured out how to get the mags to load without pressing the mag release button. I have to twist the mags slightly for them to slide home. Now I just have to wait for the new nozzle and cylinder head to hope I it solves the low FPS as I don't want to have to buy a new inner barrel to get it back to stock length.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.