Mosfet for an AEP

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello not up on MOSFETs so after advice for a project build using an AEP gear box I want it to be fired single shot by a micro switch. So what would people recommend?

Edited by BigStew

Which AEP do you have specifically? 

For a microswitch trigger where you want to keep semi-auto, you'll need something that can detect the gearbox cycling. 
In that case, the only option is the Perun ETU++

You can hook that up with microswitches to detect the trigger, selector and cutoff lever so that'll give you full control over the gearbox. 
You'll need to manually glue each microswitch in place and make your own data cable to plug in to the ETU++ but they give you the pin-out at the end of the manual. 

It's not so hard in a CMG (MP7, Mac10 etc) but in the pistols, it gets really tight. 
I've done it once before in a pistol and it's a bit of a nightmare, I'll not be doing it again any time soon 😛 

If you're not fussed about the microswitch trigger, a Perun simple MOSFET would be fine or an AB++ if you want programming options but not the hassle of installing the microswitches. 

4 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Using the gear box from a scorpion but not the body so room should be ok. Thanks

Nice one :)

The Perun ETU++ is the way to go then. 
You can use basically any microswitch for the trigger and selector. 

I generally epoxy a smaller switch under the cutoff lever that protrudes from the gearbox. 
Attach the wires to the switch first then cover it with heatshrink before applying the epoxy. 
The heatshrink helps prevent any rogue glue from working its way into the switch assembly so don't skip that step!

Here's how I set up the switches in a Mac10 body. 

I know I have more pics somewhere, I'll see if I can find them...

IMG_9095.JPEG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.