What Gears/Motor/Battery for Trigger Response on M130 Spring?

Mnt136

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently started tinkering with my arcturus m4 trying to make into a dmr. I think the compression system seems to be ok since i am consistently getting around 2j with different bb weights and no hop. My trigger response however using the stock motor, stock 18:1 gears and a 7.4v lipo is abysmal. Would a torque motor 16tpa or 22tpa be enough to get me decent trigger response without changing anything else? I am really not after lightning trigger reaponse I just want it to be back to where it was on the stock m120 spring which was enough for me. Bonus question: Is it normal that the gun loses 0.2j and shoots consistently at 1.8j with the hop on?

• Supporters

keep the stock gears, fit a gate warfet and set up precocking. will deal with the trigger response nicely.

losing some energy with the hop on is totally normal, how much depends on the style of hop, for example a g&g green bucking is going to lose more energy hopping a .3g than a maple leaf macaron.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.