Modifying Qd Points?

gunbod007

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, So I have an Angry Gun QD sling plate and swivel for my TM MWS, Turns out it isn't deep enough for standard QD points, not my FRV sling at least.

Would anyone think it's a good/bad idea to just shave down the QD point thats too long? My logic is that surely it just needs the Ball Bearings to interface properly and anything after that is unneeded right?

Left Angry gun point and Right FRV tailoring QD point

IMG_1143.JPG

Yeah that should be fine... I find that my Marui QD is too big for my Magpul QD points and also it won't fit a HAO qd point. My Magpul QD's won't fit my Marui Gissele SMR QD point as it's not Milspec but fit the HAO rail perfectly.... go figure!! :)

I recommend PTS QD's as they are airsoft spec and cost about a tenner..

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Yeah that should be fine... I find that my Marui QD is too big for my Magpul QD points and also it won't fit a HAO qd point. My Magpul QD's won't fit my Marui Gissele SMR QD point as it's not Milspec but fit the HAO rail perfectly.... go figure!! :)

I recommend PTS QD's as they are airsoft spec and cost about a tenner..

Yeah I have filed it down and seems okay now, I have tried pulling it with almost all my strength to pull it out but it seems in there good, Still a bit anxious to trust it now but lets see.

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

As long as it's not a £7.99 QD (you know what I mean) I'm sure you'll be fine... 

It was angry gun £45 I think for the baseplate with the swivel. TBF I think the QD point from FRV is cheap as chips. Like £10 for the sling and qd point. Was a bit worried but they seem like a well trusted brand .

Just had to shave it down to be shorter 

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

As long as it's not a £7.99 QD (you know what I mean) I'm sure you'll be fine... 

So just to be clear what exact mount are you using? Is it the PTS ones you linked me? and if so is there any rotation. cheers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.